Rhodia is a world leader in the development and production of specialty chemicals. We provide added-value products and high-performance solutions to diversified markets, including automotive, electronics, flavors and fragrances, health, personal and home care, consumer goods and industrial, through its six global enterprises.
Our strong geographic presence in high-growth markets, combined with the dedication of our 13,600 employees and our resolute commitment to sustainable development places Rhodia in the strongest of positions to face the challenges of today’s industry.
Rhodia is listed on Euronext Paris.
Key figures 2009
- Sales: €4,031 million
- EBITDA (Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization): €487 million
- Operating profit: 160 M€
- Employees: 13,600
Rhodia leads the world in the production of mild amphoteric surfactants, phosphorus chemistry and guars and derivatives, as well as in high-performance silicas, rare earth-based formulations and diphenols. We are number two in polyamides and the number three producer of cellulose acetate tow.
Rhodia is recognized as the major sulfuric acid regenerator in the US and, as one of the first companies to implement the Clean Development Mechanism of the Kyoto Protocol, we are at the forefront of combating climate change.
Rhodia’s corporate structure is built around six global enterprises:
- Polyamide: upstream in intermediates and polymers and downstream in engineering plastics.
- Novecare: high performance solutions notably based on surfactants, polymers and phosphorus derivatives for selected market segments.
- Silcea: high-performance silicas, rare earth-based components and diphenols.
- Energy Services: energy supply and management and greenhouse gas emission reduction.
- Acetow: cellulose acetate tow.
- Eco Services: regeneration of sulfuric acid.
The company is headquartered in France and established in 25 countries worldwide. With manufacturing facilities and R&D centers in all four major regions of the world – Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific - Rhodia is dedicated to bringing the very best in innovation and service to our customers, as well as providing a vibrant and fulfilling working environment for our staff.